In response to statewide school closures, Mikayla’s Voice seeks funding to develop and present enrichment materials and activities to help educators and parents continue important conversation about inclusion, kindness, and friendship even as schools are closed. Designed as a compliment to Mikayla’s Voice school-based inclusive programming, “Mikayla’s Bookshelf” will continue to be a valuable resource when schools re-open. Additionally, if schools are required to close again next year, this will offer a platform to continue consistent delivery.
Our new website, “Mikayla’s Bookshelf,” will share:
All three of our books in electronic format
- Our Friend Mikayla
- High Fives and A Big Heart
- Super Brady ~ Always on the Move!
Video links for students who need additional supports to “read” the stories
- Read Aloud
- Audio Description
- Sign Language
- Closed Captioning
- Aligned to Pennsylvania State Standards
- Addressing Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) competencies
- Providing Universal Design for Learning (UDL) strategies for learners with a variety of complex needs.
- Also available in .pdf format so teachers may also share them with students who might not have computer or internet access.
- Broadcast video lessons on local educational TV channels for families without internet access at home
Thank you for supporting Mikayla’s Voice. Gifts are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law, as no goods or services are provided in consideration of a gift. Mikayla’s Voice federal tax number is 01-0958973. Financial records are audited annually and our Form 990 can be found at http://www.guidestar.org/FinDocuments/2012/010/958/2012-010958973-0974a02f-Z.pdf